Company: RGS Abatement & Demolition Corp.
Industry: Construction Labor
Salary: $18-$25 per hour
- Assembles scaffolding and seals off the work area, using plastic sheeting and duct tape
- Positions mobile decontamination unit or portable showers at the entrance of work area
- Positions portable air evacuation and filtration system inside the work area
- Cuts and scrapes asbestos, mold or paint from surfaces, using knife and scraper
- Assists in demolition and deconstruction activities of buildings
- Shovels asbestos, mold or paint into plastic disposal bags and seals bags, using duct tape
- Cleans work area of loose asbestos, mold or paint, using a vacuum, broom, and dustpan
- Places asbestos, mold or paint in disposal bags and seals bags, using duct tape, loads bags into a truck
- Cleans and maintains tools, sampling equipment, and lab equipment
- Responsible for keeping the site and grounds clean and neat
- Performs daily equipment checks
- Picks up necessary supplies and tools from the warehouse as directed
- Loads and unloads scrap materials into trucks and roll off boxes
- Performs work safely in accordance with departmental safety procedures and operates equipment safely. Reports any unsafe work condition or practice to supervisor
- Performs other related and non-related duties as assigned
Knowledge of basic construction techniques, and practices concerning asbestos, mold or lead-based paint removal or demolition and deconstruction operations; Must possess Asbestos Worker Certification; Ability to lift 50 lbs. unaided, stand, and climb on ladders, roofs, and uneven / unstable surfaces. Ability to follow oral instructions promptly and accurately; Ability to work in disagreeable conditions; Ability to perform strenuous physical labor; Ability to work as an effective team member; Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships; Ability to complete projects in a timely manner.
Work is performed primarily in an outside environment or in industrial building areas. There is exposure to high equipment noise, chemical fumes, and potential electric and machinery hazards. Field conditions outdoors are varying weather conditions, with varying low to high equipment noise; walking on changing ground surfaces; and there is some driving in various weather conditions.
- Medical and dental effective first of the month following 60 days of employment
- Employee-paid life and disability supplemental insurance available first of the month following 60 days of employment
- Paid Time Off and holiday pay available after 90 days of employment
- Annual profit sharing bonus